Just begun Enjoying the Run and is being truly refreshing. Today has been quite an eventful day in my running. I was virtually I slumber with regards to running with Covid and other events around. I am back to my running days and I did it. Just completed 101.3 km of running with 13 days in a row. There is a sense of achievement. There is a sense of fulfilments. There is a sense of eagerness to achieve more. I am today looking back to the last 13 days starting 2nd October. How I resolved? How I handled my gremlins? How I pursued? How I fought against myself? Though it is a initial phase of resumed continuous running, I have crossed a milestone and I am proud about it.
While i am enjoying the run, there has been a few learnings in teh running journey and I thought i could take the liberty t share. And it relates so well with the business development and sales role we play
- Impulsiveness – While i have been a runner for last 4-5 years. However, last 12 months has been an absolute phase of inactivity. Nothing would start and push me to run. One day I read about MAF running and the benefits associated with it. I just took it. Made a schedule and began to run. I started to run
- Explore – The more is started to explore on MAF running, the more I began to run and the more I began to run, the more I began to explore on MAF running. And suddenly I was watching videos and reading about MAF running. The interest began to build in on me. Can you relate this to in sales and business development? Do you recall how you get submerged in the sales and business development process?
- Persist – Initial days will be good to go. However, fatigue and routines will begin to seep into your thought process. There will be every chance that your thoughts will take over and your could start giving yourself a break and then another one and then another….You will need to persist. I am sure you could be relating this to the effort you put in for business development and the challenges. And how Persistence is the key
- Keep your head clear – Probably one thing will matter is what you want from what you do. What do i want from running. I am now very clear as to what I want. I want to be running 30 to 50 km in a steady pace with low heart rate. I am on it. I am sure even as a business development person, you would also be clear as to what you want from your effort. It will keep you on it
- Keep Tracking – One of the things I enjoyed was tracking my run. Every day I ran, I checked by Garmin app. The more I ran, the more data I say. The more I saw the more I began to feel great about it. I began to feel good
Presently Enjoying the run. It has been refreshing. Have plans to run the next 15 days continuously. How will it unfold. I am sure I will be able to sustain