It is important to understand what are presuppostions in NLP and How NLP presuppositions impact conversations. In NLP there are certain presuppositions or certain assumptions that are good to assume it to be true. They have a profound impact when it comes to gaining on your communications or on relationships or on minsets. They form the bedrock for NLP
To understand how NLP Presuppostions impact convresation, let’s understand with an example. For example, lets take a presuppostion “Respect for the other person’s model of the world”. If you do not believe in this presupposition, the course of your actions will take a shift to one direction. You may not resspect his world of view. You will be forceful on your perspective. And as you continue on this path, you will realize that your commuication style is more of a “me” type. The interpersonal connect will be at low. The interaction is onesided. Relationships will move towards hell. You could relate the other person to be your spouse or your children or you manager or important stakeholders. How will it feel?
However, if you respect the other persons model of the world, the course journey takes another road. The impact will be significant. There will be great interpersonal relationships, communications will be free with each other and a mutual respect for each other. There will be a sense of amazing comfort as you interact with each other.
There are many presuppostions in NLP. Sharing with you some of them
- People respond to their experience, not to the reality itself
- Having a choice is better than not having a choice
- People make the best choice they can at the time
- People work perfectly
- All actions have a purpose
- Every behaviour has a positive intention
- The unconscious mind balances the conscious; it is not malacious
- The meaning of the communciation is not simply what you intend, but also the response you get.
- We already have all the resources we need or we can create them
- Mind and body for a system. They are differnt expression of one person
- We preces all information through our senses
- Modelling successful performance leads to excellence
- If you want to understand, act
Exploring the presuppositions
You could pick up one of the NLP presuppostion. now think of a proble or a difficult situation you have with another person. What would you do if you were to act as if the presupposition were true? How would the situation change
It becomes important to understand how NLP presuppositions impact conversations. They will have a transformative impact in the way we interact and communicate with each other